Our APL sneaker is made of apple leather and colored with biological paint. But what’s the best way to clean apple leather? Wondering whether you can just clean them like regular leather sneakers? We’ve got the answer for you. Just keep on reading.
Apple leather: strong & naturally UV resistant
Let’s be honest: the only real way to keep brand-new white sneakers looking spick-and-span is to never wear them. Of course, that’s out of the question. You can treat apple leather sneakers the same way as regular leather sneakers! Apple leather is exceptionally strong, naturally UV resistant and it’s a cruelty-free material.
Let’s get dirty!
If you give your apple leather sneakers some extra love, they can last you for years to come.
- Light stain? Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Stubborn stain? Wipe with a damp cloth (not wet) and then let the leather air dry. Never wipe harshly. Being gentle and taking your time is key.
Preferably use a cleaner for faux leather
If wiping isn’t enough to remove a stain, you can use a leather cleaner. But did you know there are also cleaners made specifically for faux leathers? Whichever cleaner you decide to use, better safe than sorry: always test the product in a small, non-noticeable spot first. You definitely don’t want to make a second stain while trying to clean the first. (Don’t forget to read the instructions when using products.)
Make cleaning your sneakers a routine
Spare just a few minutes every day to brush off any dirt with a soft brush. Even when they’re not that unclean. There is an expression in Dutch that goes: prevention is better than cure. So if you don’t want your APL’s looking grubby, consider making cleaning them a (short) daily routine. It will save you trouble down the road. We’ve put together a handy-dandy list with our best tips and tricks:
- Protect your APL’s from stains and water damage with a faux leather protectant.
Apply before wearing them for the first time OR give them a good clean first & let them dry. Don’t wear your sneakers for at least 24 hours after applying.
- Do not put them in your washing machine. That’s definitely a no-go.
- Remove the laces & clean those separately.
- Use a soft brush to tackle dust or dried mud.
- Avoid used sponges. Instead: use a clean damp cloth.
- Never submerge your sneakers in water.
Don’t own a pair yet? Check out our apple leather sneakers. The latest vegan craze taking off around the world.
Got any of your own tips we didn’t mention? Share them with us on our socials.